The complete multi-disciplinary referral service
This site is optimised for modern web browsers, and does not fully support your version of Internet Explorer, some sections of the website may not work correctly such as web forms
Soft Tissue Surgery
As well as directly offering referrals, the soft tissue team plays a pivotal role in the management of many cases referred to the medicine and oncology services. With our extensive facilities, experts in anaesthesia and 24/7 nursing and veterinary care, we are able to provide the essential critical care often required for complex soft tissue referrals. Where appropriate, minimally invasive surgery ‘keyhole’ procedures can be offered.
We accept referrals in all aspects of soft tissue surgery including:
- ENT surgery including BOAS, laryngeal paralysis, ear surgeries
- thoracic surgery including thoracic tumours, pericardectomy, chylothorax, diaphragmatic ruptures
- anal sac disease and perineal hernias
- liver surgery including hepatic lobectomy
- urogenital surgery including prostatic surgery, incontinence surgery, and nephrectomy
- gastrointestinal surgery including subtotal colectomy and colorectal surgery
- endocrine surgery including thyroidectomy
- reconstructive surgery including axial pattern flaps and free skin grafts
- oncological surgery including mandibulectomy, maxillectomy, mast cell tumour and sarcoma removal.
Advanced facilities include:
- computerised tomography (CT scanning) for procedure planning
- ligasure – monopolar/bipolar cautery
- TIA & GIA staplers.