Soft Tissue Surgery
As well as directly offering referrals, the soft tissue team plays a pivotal role in the management of many cases referred to the medicine and oncology services. With our extensive facilities, experts in anaesthesia and 24/7 nursing and veterinary care, we are able to provide the essential critical care often required for complex soft tissue referrals. Where appropriate, minimally invasive surgery ‘keyhole’ procedures can be offered.
We accept referrals in all aspects of soft tissue surgery including:
- ENT surgery including BOAS, laryngeal paralysis, ear surgeries
- thoracic surgery including thoracic tumours, pericardectomy, chylothorax, diaphragmatic ruptures
- anal sac disease and perineal hernias
- liver surgery including hepatic lobectomy
- urogenital surgery including prostatic surgery, incontinence surgery, and nephrectomy
- gastrointestinal surgery including subtotal colectomy and colorectal surgery
- endocrine surgery including thyroidectomy
- reconstructive surgery including axial pattern flaps and free skin grafts
- oncological surgery including mandibulectomy, maxillectomy, mast cell tumour and sarcoma removal.
Advanced facilities include:
- computerised tomography (CT scanning) for procedure planning
- ligasure – monopolar/bipolar cautery
- TIA & GIA staplers.
We welcome calls if you require pre-referral advice about a patient, even if no referral follows. Call us on 01924 908333
If you would like to refer a case, you can refer by email, telephone, fax or post but the quickest way is to complete our online referral form by clicking the button below.
If your case is an emergency, urgent or out of hours, please telephone us on 01924 908333