The complete multi-disciplinary referral service
This site is optimised for modern web browsers, and does not fully support your version of Internet Explorer, some sections of the website may not work correctly such as web forms
The orthopaedic team have extensive experience in small animal surgery and can provide services that can include the diagnosis, treatment and management of all orthopaedic conditions in both cats and dogs.
We accept referrals in all aspects of orthopaedic surgery including:
- management of cranial cruciate ligament insufficiency, including:
- Tibial plateau levelling osteotomy (Slocum TPLO)
- Tibial tuberosity advancement (TTA)
- Isometric bone tunnel UHMW polyethylene lateral suture
- complex fracture repair: internal fixation: several locking plate technologies, linear, circular and hybrid ESF
- patellar luxation: realignment procedures, trochleoplasty
- arthroscopic investigation and surgery (keyhole) for joint disease including elbow dysplasia, shoulder OCD and stifle investigation
- Ilizarov ring fixators (circular ESF); angular limb deformities, limb lengthenin
- total hip replacement (THR) for dogs (all sizes) and cats.
Advanced facilities include:
- imaging for procedure planning:
- digital radiography
- computerised tomography (CT scanning)
- magnetic resonance imaging MRI scanning)
- TPLO/TTA/full hip replacement kit
- minimally invasive plate osteosynthesis (MIPO)
- fluoroscopy and arthroscopy.